Kiwi Guardians at Fort Takapuna Historic Reserve
IntroductionDiscover the beautiful views, wonderful coastal treasures and amazing history of O Peretu/Takapuna Head, right on the doorstep of the North Shore.
Adventure time: 45 min
Distance: 1 km loop
Travel: 14 km from central Auckland
Get another medal by visiting nearby Maungauika/North Head.
- Explore the sandy and rocky shore of Takapuna Head and Narrow Neck beach.
- Step back in time and imagine what life was like in one of the forts that protected Auckland during the wars.
To get your medal
- Plan your trip to Fort Takapuna Historic Reserve. Check for facilities and alerts before you go.
- Download the adventure map – English (PDF, 3,650K) | Te Reo (PDF, 264K).
- Go on your adventure and find the code word on the Kiwi Guardians post.
Claim your medal
Claim your medal using the code word for this adventure. Each Kiwi Guardians adventure has a different medal – see how many you can collect.