Sleeps maximum of 10 people:
- Room A: 2 sets of bunks, 4 people
- Room B: 2 sets of bunks, 4 people
- Room C: 1 set bunks, 2 people
The cottage has a heat pump.
Large lawn – shared with the adjacent cottage.
Kauaeranga Valley Visitor Centre is nearby with:
- Basic supplies
- Free wi-fi at the visitor centre
- Heat pump
What to bring
- You need to bring all your own linen.
Check in and out times
Check in after 3.00 pm, check out before 11.00 am.
- $88 per night for two people.
- $22 per extra person per night. Minimum stay 2 nights.
- $50 cleaning fee.
Backcountry Hut Passes and Backcountry Hut Tickets cannot be used at this hut.
A $10 service fee applies to phone and in-person booking. This is a limited service – book online first. An in-person booking is dependent on there being space available.
From State Highway 25 at the southern entrance to Thames, turn right into Banks Street beside the BP service station. Banks Street veers right into Parawai Road, which then becomes Kauaeranga Valley Road. The road changes from sealed to gravel after 10 km. A further 2–3 km will get you to the Visitor Centre, where you can pick up the keys and instructions.
- The nearest shops are in Thames.
- Vodafone and Spark have cell coverage.
There is a water hole 5 minutes walk from the cottage.
Walking and tramping
Walks in the Kauraeranga Valley range from 20 minutes to a full day.
Kauaeranga Valley is close to the Tairua/Pauanui beaches on the east coast (1 hour) and Cathedral Cove/Whangamata (1 hour 30 minutes). Thames and the Thames Coast are 20 minutes away.