Update: Proposal declined
17 July 2013: The tunnel project proposed by Milford Dart Limited, through the Fiordland and Mt Aspiring national parks, has been declined by the Conservation Minister Dr Nick Smith.
Submissions closed: 20 February 2012
The Minister of Conservation gives notice of her intention to grant concessions under section 17Q of the Conservation Act 1987 to Milford Dart Limited to investigate, construct, operate and maintain a bus tunnel from the Routeburn Road in Mt Aspiring National Park to the Hollyford Road in Fiordland National Park.
Any person or organisation may object in writing to the Director-General against the proposal, or make written submissions on the proposal.
Objections or submissions should be sent to;
Attention: Robyn Roberts
|Murihiku / Invercargill Office|
|Phone:||+64 3 211 2400|
|Fax:||+64 4 471 1117|
CUE on Don
33 Don Street
PO Box 743
|Full office details|
Any person or organisation wishing to be heard in support of his/her objection or submission, must request (in that objection/submission) an opportunity to appear before the Director General.
If a hearing is required, it is likely to occur in the week starting 12 March 2012.
Notice of reconvened Hearing Milford Dart Limited Tunnel Proposal.
The Hearing of submissions on the Milford Dart Limited Tunnel Concession proposal re-commenced to hear the applicants right of reply:
Date: Friday 20 April 2012
Time: 10.00 am - 1.00 pm
Tanoa Aspen Hotel
139 Fernhill Road
- Hollyford landscape masterplan (PDF, 1058K)
- Routeburn landscape masterplan (PDF, 1253K)
- Hollyford portal construction facilities (PDF, 255K)
- Hollyford portal plan of completed area (PDF, 231K)
- Routeburn portal plan: during construction (PDF, 240K)
- Routeburn portal plan: post construction (PDF, 168K)
- Tunnel plan and section (PDF, 214K)
- Hollyford airstrip area: construction facilities and soil disposal (PDF, 872K)
- Draft plant pest management plan (PDF, 777K)
- Draft construction environmental management plan (PDF, 1305K)
- Draft operation environmental management plan (PDF, 996K)
- Aerial photographs, maps and diagrams of proposed works (PDF, 2119K)
- Assessment of potential Routeburn Road upgrade by Abley Transportation Consultants Ltd (PDF, 765K)
- Right of reply by legal counsel on behalf of Milford Dart Limited (PDF, 166K)
- Statement of evidence of Michael James Sleigh (PDF, 99K)
- Statement of evidence in rebuttal of Ronald Fleming (PDF, 796K)
Viewing files on this page
If you can't view these files contact us to request another format.