Harrisons Bight vehicle access permits
IntroductionFind out about vehicle access to Harrison's Bight.
- The track opens on 5 November 2022 and online applications are available.
- The track closes on 1 April 2023.
How to apply for access
Applications open 5 November 2022.
Conditions of use
- Vehicle usage is seasonal.
- Vehicle owners will require permits to use the track and that permit holders comply with the permit conditions.
- Permit holders must read the conditions and disclaimer regarding usage expectations, prior to permit issue.
- Track may be closed (temporarily or permanently) at any time that:
a) breaches of the permit conditions become unacceptable; or
b) unseasonal weather conditions affect the site. Unseasonal weather conditions could include extreme fire danger or wet ground.
- Permits will only be issued to owners of vehicles that are legally registered and, therefore, display registration plates. Vehicles that can access the track:
- 4WD vehicles
- ATVs (all terrain vehicles)
DOC may close the track at any time during the open season for reasons including:
- high fire risk conditions
- extended wet periods
- unacceptable damage to the facilities, biodiversity values, or social conflicts.
For fishing licences contact:
Central South Island Fish & Game Office
Phone: +64 3 615 8400
For questions about permits contact:
|Raukapuka / Geraldine Office|
|Phone:||+64 3 693 1010|
13 – 15 North Terrace
PO Box 33
|Full office details|