Review of the 1994 New Zealand Coastal Policy Statement
IntroductionRead about the review of the 1994 New Zealand Coastal Policy Statement.
The review of the 1994 New Zealand Coastal Policy Statement (NZCPS) resulted in a decision by the Minister of Conservation to issue a new statement, the NZCPS 2010.
The review began in 2003, in accordance with an NZCPS policy, and went through several stages:
- 2004: independent review of the effectiveness of the NZCPS 1994
- 2006: Issues and Options paper
- 2007: Proposed NZCPS prepared
- 2008: Public submissions and Board of Inquiry hearings
- 2009: Board report to Minister of Conservation
- 2010: Minister considers Board report and recommendations