IntroductionThis is a standard four-bunk hut in the Queenstown/Wakatipu area.
- Toilets - non-flush
- Water from tap - not treated, boil before use
- Adult (18+ years): $10 per night
- Youth (5–17 years): $5 per night
- Child/Infant (0–4 years): free
Before you go, buy 1 Standard Hut Ticket (blue for adults, yellow for youth) for each night's stay. Put this in the honesty box at the hut. Or buy a Backcountry Hut Pass that gives unlimited use at most Standard and Serviced huts for a 6 or 12 month period.
- Follow the unsealed Skippers road to Skippers Point. We recommend using a 4WD.
- From here, follow the Dynamo Hut Track.
Tracks to this hut
Bullendale & Dynamo Hut TracksLocated in Skippers areaTraverse rugged Skippers Creek to see New Zealand’s first industrial hydro power scheme or take the trail to the heart of Skippers’ quartz reef mining history.Duration 4 - 6 hrDifficulty Advanced
NZTopo50 map sheet: CB11
Grid/NZTM2000 coordinates: E1256957, N5029969