On this page:
This interactive map only shows the sanctuary's boundaries, not the safe zones. View the safe zone boundaries.
Boundary close up maps
- Cape Brett boundary area (PDF, 430K)
- Doves Bay and Opito Bay boundary area (PDF, 484K)
- Kororareka Point to Tahapuke Bay boundary area (PDF, 366K)
- Matauwhi Bay boundary area (PDF, 357K)
- North-west corner of Te Pēwhairangi (Bay of Islands) Sanctuary (PDF, 429K)
- Opua boundary area (PDF, 402K)
There are two marine mammal safe zones in the Te Pēwhairangi (Bay of Islands) Marine Mammal Sanctuary.
Safe zone between Motuarohia Island (Roberton Island) and Moturua Island
Safe zone from Tapeka Point to Whangaiwahine Point