Kiwi Guardians at Omana Regional Park
IntroductionFeel like you’re a world away from Auckland City, as you discover one of the best playgrounds around, native bird species, farm animals, amazing views over the Waitematā Harbour and rich Māori history.
Adventure time: 1 hr
Distance: 2 km loop
Travel: 39 km from central Auckland
Take your togs for swimming at high tide.
- Check out all of these awesome and interesting features as you take a relaxing 1 hour loop walk around this regional park.
- Take in the beautiful views of Waiheke Island, Rangitoto Island and the Waitematā Harbour.
- Experience the different periods of history here: from Māori pā, to farm, to regenerating native bush that more and more birds are calling home.
To get your medal
- Plan your visit to Omana Regional Park. Check for facilities and alerts before you go.
- Download the adventure map – English the adventure map (PDF, 3,820K) | Te Reo adventure map (PDF, 287K)
- Go on your adventure and find the code word on the Kiwi Guardians post.
Claim your medal
Claim your medal using the code word for this adventure. Each Kiwi Guardians adventure has a different medal – see how many you can collect.