Kiwi Guardians at Cape Rodney-Okakari Point Marine Reserve
IntroductionSplash about in rock pools, discover a hidden forest or dive in to get up close with thousands of fish on Goat Island (Motu Hāmure). Beneath the waves you may see seaweed forests, sponge gardens, snapper/tāmure and crayfish/koura.
Adventure time: 1 hr
Distance: 1.5 km
Travel: 80 km from central Auckland
Don't feed the fish. It makes them grumpy.
- Discover a whole new world under the waves – view marine life from most shallow areas of the reserve, particularly the rocky platform near the main beach.
- Walk along the stunning coastline – you might even spot a whale/tohorā or dolphin/aihe out to sea.
To get your medal
- Plan your trip to Cape Rodney-Okakari Point Marine Reserve. Check for facilities and alerts before you go.
- Download the adventure map (PDF, 678K).
- Go on your adventure and find the code word on the Kiwi Guardians post.
Claim your medal
Claim your medal using the code word for this adventure. Each Kiwi Guardians adventure has a different medal – see how many you can collect.