Located in Pelorus Sound/Te Hoiere and Kenepuru Sound area in the Marlborough region
IntroductionNydia Lodge, nestled in the bush on the south coast of Nydia Bay, sleeps up to 50 people in nine bunkrooms.
- Kitchen - fully equipped
- Shower - hot
- Toilet - flush
- Kayaking and canoeing
- Mountain biking
- Walking and tramping
The lodge is nestled on a large grassed area at the edge of the bush on the south side of Nydia Bay. It is set up for group camps.
No camping is allowed at Nydia Lodge. Nydia Campsite is approximately 1 hr 30 min walk from Nydia Lodge.
- Sleeps 50 in 9 bunkrooms.
- Generator provides electricity up to 6 hours per day (must be off by 10 pm) for lighting and limited fridge and freezer space. Come prepared to store some food in chilly bins if a large group or staying long periods.
- Fully equipped basic kitchen - gas oven and hobs, pots, pans, cooking utensils, crockery and cutlery (no BBQ, tea towels or dishcloths provided).
- Large hall/dining room.
- Wheelchair accessible with assistance (including 3 of the 9 bunkrooms).
- Jetty for drop offs and pickups, no tying up for long periods. Come prepared to anchor in the bay if bringing your own boat, no moorings nearby.
- Hot showers.
- Flush toilets.
- Rubbish bins for your own bin liners. You must remove all of your own rubbish and recycling at the end of your stay.
You can book the entire lodge or a bunkroom.
Whole lodge: $470
- 3-person bunkroom (2 rooms available): $36 per room
- 4-person bunkroom (1 room available): $48 per room
- 6-person bunkroom (4 rooms available): $72 per room
- 7-person bunkroom (2 rooms available): $84 per room
This gives you a bunkroom with shared kitchen and bathroom facilities.
Bookings are open for stays up to 30 June 2023.
Bookings for 1 July 2023 – 30 June 2024 will open in 2023. The opening date will be announced on this page in late March 2023.
All bookings operate on a first-come first-served basis. We do not operate waiting lists for bookings for future seasons, or currently booked-out facilities.
Bookings are required all year.
A $10 service fee applies to phone and in-person booking. This is a limited service – book online first. An in-person booking is dependent on there being space available.
The lodge is locked year round, note the access arrangements below:
1 May to 31 October You will receive a lockbox code on confirmation of your online booking. The lockbox will have a key to access your bunkroom, the kitchen and bathrooms.
1 November to 30 April A hut warden is present who will unlock the premises.
Nydia Bay, Pelorus Sound. The lodge can be accessed by boat, walking or mountain biking. Water transport can be arranged with operators in Havelock. Walking or mountain biking access is via the Nydia Track.
- No dogs or pets.
- No fires.
If you plan to enjoy the water, learn how to stay safe when swimming, boating and fishing.
Nydia Lodge is a great base for boating, walking, fishing, mountain biking and swimming and is well suited to those using the Nydia Track, as well as to large groups.
|Whakatū / Nelson Visitor Centre|
|Phone:||+64 3 546 9339|
|Fax:||+64 4 471 1117|
Millers Acre/Taha o te Awa
79 Trafalgar Street
Private Bag 5
|Full office details|