IntroductionThis historic homestead, built in 1908, is superbly sited on a small hill with views over Kuripapango and is available for hire by schools, clubs or family groups.
- Heating - wood
- Kitchen - basic
- Shower - hot
- Toilet - flush
- Walking and tramping
Robson's Lodge is one of the few buildings that remains in a once-thriving farming area. Read about Robson's Lodge heritage.
- Sleeps 14 in 2 bunkrooms and 1 bedroom
- Simple kitchen with wood range
- Wood heating in the main lounge
- Bathroom with 2 showers
- Flush toilet
- Laundry tub
- Facility available to plug in your own generator for lighting
You need to bring
- Cooking equipment: pots, pans, cooking utensils, crockery and cutlery
- Sleeping bags/bedding and pillows
- Firewood for wood range in kitchen and free standing fire in lounge/dining area
- If you don't have a generator: supply your own lighting
No candles are permitted.
- All water for Robson's Lodge is tank water.
- Be conscious of water conservation during your stay.
- We recommend that you boil, filter or treat your drinking water.
The fees are per night for up to 14 people
- Weekday: $95 per night
- Weekend (Friday or Saturday night): $113 per night
This site is temporarily closed and bookings are not available.
Robson’s Lodge is located approx 75 km from either Napier or Taihape in the southern Kaweka Forest Park at Kuripapango.
From Napier, follow the Napier-Taihape Road to Kuripapango and turn left just before the bridge over the Ngaruroro River into the DOC office. Robson’s Lodge is situated approximately 500 m past the field base.
There is a small ford (river crossing) approximately 500 m before Robson Lodge.
After heavy rain the river may rise to such a level that the ford may become impassable. Visitors are advised to monitor the level of the ford during their stay and be prepared to leave early if required.
- No pets permitted.
- No access to Pan Pac Forests due to logging operations, including hunting and walking on Charlie Brown and Lumsden Roads.
- Check in after 11 am.
- Check out before 10 am.
- Leave the lodge clean and take your rubbish away with you, otherwise penalty fees may apply.
Key to gate and lodge
- Collect from the DOC office at 59 Marine Parade, Napier.
- Return key within three days after your stay, otherwise charges will apply.
The lodge is close to activities such as (day) walks, fishing, tramping, hunting and rafting.