The Jobs for Nature Reference Group has developed an investment framework. This framework is used to help guide funding decisions.
Projects will be assessed on:
- the number of jobs created or retained
- the types of formal training and skills development offered to employees with recognition given to NZQA certifications
- how the project creates value for iwi, hapū, and whānau
- the extent to which indigenous biodiversity will be restored and the likelihood of these benefits being sustained over time
- project financials and a proven delivery track record – demonstrating the required capability to deliver the project
- the associated social and economic benefits of the project to nearby communities and the wider region
In addition, recognition will be given to projects that:
- demonstrate a partnership with MSD and/or iwi to identify potential employees
- demonstrate an opportunity to scale up employment in future phases of the project
- target the rangatahi/youth workforce
- receive non-Crown co-funding from project partners
- deliver climate change co-benefits
- trial innovative approaches in delivery
- can commence employment within two months of funding being approved.
If you need help to understand if your project meets the requirements, contact us.