Volunteers are highly valued by the DOC. Protecting the environment and giving back to nature is at the heart of what we do.
Every day volunteers make significant contributions towards:
- threatened species programmes
- ecological restoration
- hosting visitors in our beautiful environments
- the maintenance of recreation facilities, and
- the restoration and maintenance of historic buildings.
You can make a difference while gaining new skills, getting fit and meeting new friends.
How volunteering helps
Volunteering gives you the opportunity to:
- get into nature and try something new
- care for parks, beaches and walking and bike tracks
- take your family on adventures together
- connect with people you might not normally meet
- use your skills to look after our whenua (land)
- get valuable work experience
- focus on the amazing world we live in.