Did you know?
Outdoor play fosters attentiveness
Explore your nature
- Touch the bark – how does it feel? Rough, smooth, damp or dry?
- Throw wet leaves in the air – what do they smell like?
- Look for homes in and around the tree – who might live there?
- Can you find the seeds to match the tree?
- Make a rubbing of the bard or leaves.
- Give a tree a big hug – can you get your arms all the way around?
- Create some wild art with fallen leaves, bark and twigs.
- Put your artwork and notes in a nature journal to share with whānau and friends.
- Share a photo of your favourite tree with whānau and friends.