If you want to use public conservation land to run a business or activity you must get permission from DOC in the form of a concession.

    Primary and secondary schools do not need a permit to camp on public conservation land unless a commercial organisation is organising the trip. Tertiary institutions organising a research trip for students are likely to need a permit. 

    Back to top