Work of the Land Safety Forum
IntroductionThe Land Safety Forum was established in 2021 and modelled off the Safer Boating Forum. It is funded through the Fuel Excise Duty.
The focus for 2021 and early 2022 was the establishment of the forum, including setting the terms of reference and the forum’s strategy.
Since mid-2022, the forum has focused on projects. We have established sub-groups to work on data/insights and signage. Read more about their projects.
The forum is now in a consolidation phase. One of the key goals for 2022/23 is building data capability across forum members.
Areas of focus until mid-2025
- Developing and implementing a land safety research and insights programme
- Engaging with iwi and hapū
- Engaging with local government
- Building te ao Māori capability across the land safety sector
- Integrating the water and land safety sectors more deeply, through the development of the Mountains to Sea network
- Working on complex problems and opportunities, through sub-groups. The initial focus is on data/insights and signage – learn more on the projects page.
- Deepening our understanding of behaviour change in a land safety context and implementing behaviour change pilot projects
- Running regular summits and workshops
- Evaluating the impact of the forum, including developing key performance indicators (KPIs)