Read DOC's briefing to the incoming Minister of Conservation on their portfolio, the Department of Conservation, and our work.
This document has been proactively released, consistent with provisions of the Official Information Act 1982.
- Conservation: a strategic overview
- New Zealand’s natural and historic heritage is central to our identity, society and economy
- New Zealand’s conservation assets are highly valued, and under pressure
- DOC’s strategy: our three strategic roles
- Introducing your department
- DOC’s role
- DOC’s organisational structure
- DOC staff and locations
- How we work with others to achieve our vision
- Working with you as Minister: a plan for your first 90 days
- Strategic issues on which we would like to engage with you
- Upcoming events and decisions
© Copyright October 2017, New Zealand Department of Conservation